Quran is an ancient divine text, preserved just as it was revealed. It has a distinct character, language, structure and style, which is different from regular pieces of literature and scientific texts.
STYLE AND STRUCTURE
Some literary techniques used frequently in sermons and dramas are also used in the Quran:
- Listing elements to mean whole
Let us see some examples of these.
6. Listing Elements to mean whole
- The genre of the Quran is similar to drama.
- The techniques used mostly are monologue and dialogue.
- The characters in the Quran are;
- People of the book